Our firm’s founder, attorney Don Chomiak, learned to practice law working for national/international law firms first in New York and then in Los Angeles. He has the “big firm” legal skills and litigation experience necessary to handle significant cases with complex legal issues that require sophisticated legal analysis. He has purposely structured his firm to provide cost-effective services for his clients’ benefit. Since he’s not burdened with the huge costs related to operating a larger firm, he can provide his services at a reduced hourly billing rate.
As a former Navy pilot, Don also has the confidence and poise to manage high-stakes situations effectively.
Don started Talisman Law in 2010 and has since successfully resolved a wide variety of matters for his clients, from disputes involving small businesses in cities including Santa Monica, Los Angeles and Glendale to successfully litigating seven and eight-figure lawsuits representing consumers against billion-dollar real estate developers in actions brought under state and federal law. (See Representative Matters.) Don has also handled complex lawsuits involving business disputes ranging from investment banking to secondary-market transactions and insurance.
Areas of Practice
- 80% Business Disputes/Litigation
- 20% Real Estate Disputes/Litigation
- California, 2003
- New York, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2015
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2001
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. – 2001
- Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York, New York
- M.S. – 1989
- Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 1987
- Major: Philosophy and English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Associations, Member, 2011 – Present
Discuss your litigation needs with the experienced counsel of Talisman Law, P.C., serving the entire Los Angeles, California, area: (310) 917-1027. You can also contact us online. All communications between our firm and potential clients remain confidential.